Sunday, August 9, 2009

My Life in Vegas

So, it's been a little while since I updated this blog. A LOT of stuff has happened since then.

First, I am working again at Sport's Authority. Although it isn't really my fave, we go way back to last summer. I am getting enough money for school and I am also getting feet that hurt me really bad. Fortunately Sports Authority sells insoles which fool your feet into thinking they are walking on clouds. They are amazing!

Secondly, I am here at the place where I always see Richard, only Richard isn't here. It was extremely weird at first coming home and not having Richard pick me up at the airport. It was even more weird going to visit his family with him not there. I really really like his family though. Right now I am helping his sister make a Princess Zelda costume for anime Vegas.

So far I almost have the white and purple parts done. We took things from savers instead of making them from scratch. But yes, it should be pretty snazzy when it's done.

In other news on Richard's family, I was looking for geneology on Richard's Dad's parents. It has been pretty hard since he is adopted and didn't have contact with his biological family. Through my searchings I found Richard's dad's brother. I contacted him asking about geneology stuff, and it turned out that his mom didn't mean to adopt them out. His dad was in the military in Germany and they were going to move to the United States but the military said they could only take 5 of their kids. His dad then set up the adoption of 2 of his kids and had his wife ( who only spoke German and broken English) sign the papers that were in English that she couldn't read. So he and his sister were adopted away and didn't even find out they were adopted until they were in college when their adoptive dad died. To make a long story short, this woman has been looking for her kids for awhile but hasn't heard from them in over 40 years. After I contacted the brother of Richard's dad that whole family was so excited to hear news from them after so long, and now Richard's dad and aunt agreed to talk to their biological family. I know it wasn't me that did this. If I hadn't listened to the promptings of the spirit I don't think I would have found the brother. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for letting me be his instrument in bringing this family together. I can' timagine the greif that I would feel if I had to give up two children and never see them again. It is so sad, but I am so glad that this woman can finally have peace knowing that her children are okay.

Sorry this is such a long post by the way.

Talk to ya next week :)

2 comments:

  1. awww that kinda makes me want to cry. wtg nyssa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Beware of D.I.s dresssing room stalls. he he
    THanks for your comment on my post on BBL :}

    ReplyDelete