Sunday, September 6, 2009

Anime Vegas

So yesterday I went to an Anime Convention. This is actually the second time that I have gone to one of these, and I had a really good time. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not a hardcore anime fan, but I do love anything from Hayao Miyazaki (the writer/director of My Neighbor Totoro,


Howl's Moving Castle


and Spirited Away),


not to mention Naruto, Full Metal Alchemist and Code Geass. But those are basically the only ones I've seen. I went because Richard took me last year and this year his younger sister Emily wanted to go.

I made her Princess Zelda Costume and I went as Princess Peach.

It is way more fun to go to one of these things dressed up because you don't feel left out (which I did last year), and everyone wants to take your picture. I saw Mario, so I had to get a picture with him,

and we also saw a boy dressed as Link so we got a picture of him with Emily.

All in all it was a really good time and I discovered that I like Japanese Rock. I'm definitely going next year!

2 comments:

  1. hahaha! how funny that you saw mario there! I love totoro and spirited away. I need to get those movies. i bet Marcus would LOVE totoro!

    ReplyDelete