
I have never been a hockey fan, or ever really watched a game either, until the Olympics this year. I think it might stem from the fact that I am going to Canada in a couple of months, and Canadians love hockey. Also I turned on the Olympics and the US was playing Switzerland, so I continued to watch. And I am now hooked. So, I watched Canada barely beat Switzerland in a shootout after the US beat them 8-1 and I thought that we might have a chance of winning this thing. Then we beat Canada 3-2, and I thought again, we might just pull it off. So fast forward to today: Gold medal match between the US and Canada in Canada with a total Canadian crowd. Dad and I had just gotten home from church in time to see that Canada was leading 2-1 and there were 5 minutes left of standard play. I had almost given up when with 24.2 seconds left, we scored and tied and went to overtime. Man that was so cool. But then Canada won the Gold after 10 minutes in sudden death overtime. I have to say, even though Canada won, the US team gave their best and had such a good game, but so did Canada. I will watch hockey now every Olympics. hahah That is so weird for me because I really usually hate watching sports.
No comments:
Post a Comment