Here is the lab that I work in most of the day. I put bacteria on plates right there!
I got my new projects last week. I will be doing an experiment with one of the other guys where we make a bacteria culture and let it grow til it is growing its fastest (exponentially) and then treat the cultures with different amounts of antibiotics. We then put some of the cultures on a plate before the antibiotics, right after, 30 min after, 1 hour after, 120 min after. Supposedly there will be 2 curves for how the bacteria die so we are trying to re-create that.
I am also going to work with the effects of radiation on the environment, and I'll be doing that in another lab.
So far I have made friends with the other interns, and we've had a blast. We watched the movie Up together last weekend, then the other day we all played Lord of the Rings Monopoly for like 4 hours. ( I lost, no surprise there)
I am looking forward to doing more research, but also to coming back home because I really want to see you guys again.
I'm really happy to hear that you are having a good time and making friends. It does sound pretty interesting and you'll learn a lot. It will be nice to have you home again even if it won't be for very long
ReplyDeleteWe'll be glad to see you when you come home!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're having a good time too. And making friends!! Don't worry, I always lose at Monopoly too. Maybe you and I should play sometime and see what happens...lol. We'd probably end up quitting just because we're bored and end up with the exact same amount of money.
ReplyDeleteOh, and you sound way too excited about those bacteria.
Fun! You are such an intelligent girl! I'm glad to hear that you are having a good time, meeting new people and liking the internship. Strange to think you really aren't that far away! We really will have to try to get together sometime :)
ReplyDelete