Sunday, July 19, 2009

Harry Potter




As I'm sure all of you know, I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan. Not so much the movies as the books, but I understand that movies are rarely ever as good as the book.

Half Blood Prince is one of my favorite books of the series. (6 & 7 are the best) But seeing the reviews of the movie I had high expectations going in. I was surprised to hear the critics saying that it was actually good!

So I dressed up as Ginny and went with my intern friends to the premier. We got there at 9:30 pm and there was already a HUMONKIN line. Not very many people were dressed up either. And most of the people that came were high school kids and they were super annoying. We got free icecream if we were in line though so that was okay.So then they let us in the theatre at 10:30 and we had to wait an hour and a half for the movie to start. Good thing my buddy Zac had a deck of cards and we had snuck in lots of candy :)

So then the movie finally started and people kept talking, I was so mad. But they stopped after the previews.

The movie was REALLY good. I never like the HP movies and I LOVED this one! It was so funny! There were parts where I was the only person laughing in the theatre (which actually happens quite a lot. It also happened when I saw Nacho Libre). It cut out some important parts but the characterization was perfect and the humor was excellent. I didn't cry, but I almost did. But over all I would say that if you haven't seen it you should go! It is soo good. It didn't really feel long to me because I used the restroom before the movie (ingeniuos).

3 comments:

  1. Glad to here that the movie was that good. I'm taking Mikkena and Amber tomorrow. I'll try to follow all of your movie tips, especially the one about the potty. But I do have a tip for you. Don't let a line of Humonkins slow you down. There very nice when you get to know them. Some of my favorite people are Humonkins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wanna come watch my kids so i can go??

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loooved it too. and of course went at midnight but we didn't get any blasted ice cream. piece of crap. i wish they didn't put that bit about the weasleys house in though. too weird.

    ReplyDelete