I arrived home from my mission last Thursday at 11:08 am. We flew first to Phoenix, Az. My first thought while there was, "Wow this looks alot like Nevada!" We flew over the Grand Canyon. It is huge! And very beautiful. The desert has a beauty all it's own. Especially if you haven't seen it for 18 months!
Then pulling into LAS was so weird. I felt like a tourist. For a bit, I felt like I had left my home in Calgary. I certainly left a bit of my heart there with all the people I love so much (You all know who you are!).
I got to meet my new niece Sara on the way home. She is so adorable. Driving on the I-15, then the 95 was also weird. I guess I forgot what Las Vegas looked like. First we stopped at In-N-Out. A hamburger has never tasted so good in the history of the existence of Hamburgers. Then home. I got to talk to my sister who is hilarious! I've missed her :D Then my brother Zac. I've missed him too, and can't wait to see him at Thanksgiving. Then Jake and his family came. I got to meet Izzy another new niece. What a cute little girl.
Getting released was hard for different reasons than I thought. It wasn't hard to take off my tag, but it was hard to not be out teaching people anymore. Somehow I still feel like a missionary who's only on vacation. Like now I'm pretending that I'm going to go to school in January, but really I'll be back in Calgary.
Then we had cake because it was my birthday. I loved spending my birthday with my family. My family is what is the most important thing to me. I feel like on my mission I just added more and more people to my family.
In short: I'm definitely not normal, and I don't know if I ever will be, but I am enjoying being a normal person again. I just hope that the friendships I've gained on my mission will always be there.
You are amazing, my friend. I know the people you met on your mission know that, too, and because of that you'll always have those friendships.
ReplyDeletewhich sister... me? Am I really that hilarious that you said how hilarious I was? I don't remember being funny. Oh well :) I have gone a bit crazy with two crazy boys and having no adult convo like ever :)
ReplyDelete