After coming home from a mission you realize you've been in a culture bubble. I missed a year and a half worth of movies, music, and entertainment. I'm not sad about that fact, there are some things I'm glad to have missed (such as the really annoying song Friday). One artist that gained momentum and became very famous while I was "away" from the music scene I've rediscovered and absolutely love!
Adele is a British artist similar to my faves: Sara Bareilles, Regina Spektor, Ingrid Michelson, and Christina Perri. She has a jazzy flair, top notch vocals, and a slight British accent while she sings. She also sings a lot about break ups which I've been thinking quite a bit about lately. My favorite songs that I've discovered are Rolling in the Deep, Someone Like You, and the one I've listened to over and over for the past half hour, Set Fire to the Rain. Here's her singing it live
I also love how she sounds just as good live as on CDs, I actually think she's better live!
What are some of your favorite artists? I'm always looking for good music! Please let me know in the comments!
No comments:
Post a Comment