Saturday, January 24, 2009

SNOW!


Oh man, it has been snowing non-stop for the past 2 days. Don't get me wrong, snow is fun to play in, but walking in it isn't very fun. Especially when your boots aren't water proof. Mom, I bet you wish you were here in the snow, and I wish you were here too.
Maybe now I can build a snowman and have it actually work!

So yesterday, aside from snow, I went to the Barbershop Festival here at BYU-I. Emily was in it again with the women's choir and also with her student quartet. They did such a good job!! There might be a link later on to her quartet singing.

School is really busy still. I have a couple classes that are keeping me on my toes, but I hope I can wing straight A's this semester. So far I am doing well. I still work at the reading center in the library and it is so fun! I tutor international students with English mostly. I have 2 Korean students, a Japanese student and a Brazilian student as well. (Go Portuguese!) They are really fun to talk to. It is hard for me to correct them sometimes because I don't want them to feel bad about themselves, but they are there to get better so I need to remember to do that more often. It is so funny, every time I tell a student that I'm from Las Vegas they think it is so cool. Most of the international students that I work with have been there too!

I'm excited for dinner tonight. I'm making homemade pizza!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a lot of snow. You make me so happy I'm here!! lol

    And yay pizza!! I had pizza for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pizza was delicious. Thanks Nyssa!!

    ReplyDelete