I love the weekend, but why is it that weekends go by so quickly? I think it is because I dread the weekday and the schoolwork it brings.
Anyway, this weekend has been pretty fun! First, yesterday I went to Broadway Revue with Sarah. Broadway Revue is a show where students perform pieces from their favorite musical. Emily was in it and she sang "Suddenly Seymour" from Little Shop of Horrors. I thought she di an amazing job! There was another performance that I really liked too. 2 guys sang a song from the Secret Garden called Lily's Eyes. It was sooooo amazing!!! I cried. I always cry when I hear awesome music (I'm a baby I know). The whole show was very good!
Then today I had the first Enrichment of the semester. If you hadn't heard I'm the enrichment counselor in the Relief Society so I help plan the enrichment activities. I had a really fun time and I hope that all of the other girls did too! I love getting to know new people.
For dinner today I was trying to figure out what I could make with leftover rice. (I made too much rice with my stirfry.) I looked through some cookbooks and decided to make meatballs. I have never made meatballs before so it was an adventure. How do you usually make them mom? I vaguely remember you putting them in the oven. Anyway, they were really good! I was pleasantly surprised :)
Oh yeah, I'm gonna be the only one of my roommates that will be home President's Day Weekend. It will be extremely boring. Hopefully I can get tons of homework done.
PS - School is going pretty good!
I found this awesome meatball recipe online...and then lost it. lol! I need to find it again. I usually make too much rice, but then again, I also like to just eat it with soy sauce (which I don't have any of at the moment!)
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great weekend. I'm glad you're taking time to have fun too!